Business Meeting Minutes 2008
USAIN Business Meeting Minutes, 29 April 2008, Wooster, Ohio
Introduction of the Executive Council
Minutes of Previous Meeting: The minutes from the 10 October 2006 meeting in Ithaca, New York were accepted as posted on the USAIN web site.
Treasurer’s Report: USAIN continues to be healthy financially and to maintain the required reserves.
- Legislation – AWIC, Farm Bill
- White Paper – next steps
- USDA Blue Print
- Membership – increase institutional memberships, e.g. more visibility on the web site
- Web site has moved from Arizona to Oklahoma State
- Cornell – Institutional Repository will house the USAIN conference papers and other materials
- Logo Policy approved
- Conference Hosting – procedures developed
- USAIN is looking for committee members and chairs
- New Interest Group - International Agricultural Information. Convener: Mary Ochs, Cornell University
- Membership Directory – The membership was polled as to the format that was preferred. An online directory was preferred.
- Elections – Possible that future elections will be online,
2008 Conference: Connie Britton indicated that the conference was a success.
2010 Conference: Marianne Stowell-Bracke announced that Purdue University would be the host for the 2010 conference, May 9-12. She made a short presentation. She asked for volunteers.
Awards: Katie Newman announced this year’s award recipients.
1. Conference Scholarships for New Professionals went to Noel Kopriva and Amy Bedard
2. Conference Scholarship for a Student went to Sarah Kasten
3. Service to the Profession Award was given to Barbara Hutchinson
4. Special Achievement Award was given to Carla Casler.
Conference Certificates: Norma Kobzina distributed certificates to Chairs and committee members.