Recommended Criteria for Hosting a USAIN Conference
- General meeting space for 150.
- Facilities to allow for multiple activities (at least 4).
- Public space for exhibits.
- Good facilities to allow for group meals for the entire group or smaller groups.
- Space to hold the entire conference within one building or within walking distance of the conference hotel.
- Facilities to offer some sort of fun/social event.
- Facilities must be handicapped accessible. Willingness to provide disability accommodations upon request.
- An adequate supply of quality audio/visual equipment including projectors for computer presentations.
- Good phone/data connections at a reasonable cost.
- Available technical support during the conference.
- Good air transportation into a city within a reasonable distance from the host city.
- Reliable transportation from the airport to the hotel.
- Staff registration/information desk prior to, during, and after the conference.
- Provide general conference services such as registration, name tags, and signs.
- Provide information on the area and/or organized tours for spouses and attendees before and after the conference
- Online registration capability is highly recommended.
- Provide catered meals for the entire group or small groups. (Some meals may be “on your own.”)
- Accommodate special dietary requirements.
- Space for a conference office near the conference area.
- Support from the host institution in the way of staff time, space, and, in some cases, financial sponsorship.
- Willingness to arrange tours of local attractions.
- Provide regular and timely reports to the EC, including budgets with projected profit.
- Insure effective coordination with the various conference committee chairs.